Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Day 1 and 2 of local veganism

Day 1:

Creamer...includes milk deratives.

toast...includes milk derivatives.

Used the creamer, had coffee for breakfast, ate edamame and couscous for lunch and dinner.

Note to reader: If you ever go vegan, make sure you check out EVERYTHING before you go to use it. I took a few things for granted.

I also didn't get a chance to cook Sun. like I wanted to.

Day 2:

I was better prepared today. I didn't A) assume powdered creamer didn't contain milk b/c I had bought a milk-free creamer, and B) woke up on time

Time is key to a vegan lifestyle. You MUST have time to cook your own food because, frankly, the rest of the world doesn't understand.

Will have black-eyed peas, string beans and rice for supper. I may add tofu, we'll see how the beans turn out first.

p.s. instant oatmeal is a great breakfast and snack food.
p.p.s. if you havn't noticed by now, coffee is my addiction of choice. It's a must-have.

No comments:

Post a Comment